Find out in the MUST DO online course for all horse riders.
Imagine for a moment you are your horse…
You are a happy horse. You love your owner, and your eyes light up when you see them heading towards your stable or towards you in the field.
You like to be ridden. You want to do what your owner wants from you.
Every time you see your owner coming towards you with your saddle your heart sinks. Your saddle pinches you behind the withers, it hurts your shoulder blades when you move, it rubs and the back and gives you a really sore back.
Your girth rubs and pinches you behind your elbows and your thick fluffy saddle pad is just making everything tighter.
You want to do what your owner is asking of you, but you find it so hard to move in a such a poor fitting saddle.
You want to tell your owner.. but how?
Who needs to do this online course?
Do you own horses which are ridden? Even if they are not ridden by you, this course is a MUST DO for all horse owners. That includes owners who do not ride, owners who do ride, and non horsey parents/guardians. As the owner, the horses welfare is your responsibility. You have a duty of care to have basic knowledge on how a saddle should fit and how to recognise signs it doesn’t.
The saddle is the most important piece of equipment you will have (beside’s your hat). Understanding how the saddle, horse and rider work together is vital to your horses performance and wellbeing. As a rider you have a duty of care to be able to recognise signs your saddle does not fit and respond to that.
Are you a trainer, instructor, massage therapist, Vet Physio or other equine professional? If so, then this course will help you recognise signs of a poor fitting saddle and the results of a poor fitting saddle. This will help you inform, advise and guide your clients to get a saddle fitter out when appropriate.
Why YOUR horse wants YOU to do the course…
- To enable you to spot any issues with the fit of their saddle and prevent long term damage, pain and discomfort.
- To help your horse perform better, move freer and do the job you want them to do.
- To prevent your horse from reacting negatively towards the saddle.
- To help you recognise the signs your horse is trying to tell you the saddle does not fit.
- So you will understand the different types of saddles used for different disciplines so you are best supported.
- To gain an understanding of basic horse anatomy and to understand the implications of the saddle.
- To ensure your horses welfare needs are met.
What is included?
- Instant Access to the course
- Available 24/7
- Learn through a series of online videos
- Learn at your own pace
- Mini assessments to test your knowledge
- Lifetime access
- Saddle Fit Checklist
- Saddle Safety Checklist
- BONUS: 5 x tack room pin ups
- BONUS: 3 x Anatomy posters
By the end of this course you will….
- Have learnt from others mistakes to avoid your horse being in pain
- Have an understanding of the evolution of the horse
- Know basic Skeletal and muscular anatomy and have a greater appreciation of how the horse moves, and how the saddle can affect the horse
- Be able to recognise conformation faults and understand how they impact the fit of your saddle
- Know how to take templates of your horse for record keeping
- Understand the points of the saddle and which parts of the saddle can do irreparable damage to your horse.
- Know about the different types of saddles and why they are used for different disciplines
- Be able to fault check a saddle and recognise faults with your saddle
- Be able to recognise signs of a poor fitting saddle in the horse and recognise when your horse is telling you something is wrong
- Be able to recognise signs in yourself that a saddle is not fitting you
- Know how to carry out a step by step saddle fit check to recognise when your saddle needs adjusting, or replacing.
- Understand how accessories affect the fit of your saddle and know why it is important to use the correct saddle pad and girth.
What your fellow riders say..
”I found this course online and bought it immediately. I ride my horse 4 times a week so knowing if my saddle fits is really important. I have learnt so much on this course and found an issue with my saddle. I called my fitter out who advised me the horse had changed widths and the saddle was pinching! I would not have realised if it was not for this course. Thank you so much!Jenny GreenI learnt so much!
”I am from USA and had heard about the saddle bank from a few people at my barn. We struggle to get saddle fitters out to our area and I was looking for a new English saddle for my TB mare. I wasn't sure what to look for, or what size I needed but this course really helped me understand all about English saddles. I have now found an awesome saddle (also from the saddle bank) which me and my mare love! Thanks a bunch guys! Great course!Kaya RothsburgSo glad I bought this course!
”Excellent! Really enjoyed the course. Learnt a lot! Looking forward to the next course!Karen LeggettGreat Course!
”5 Star Course. Brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and learnt a great deal. I have learnt all about anatomy, conformation and more. I checked my saddles over, noticed some loose stitching and called my local fitter out. Plus I am now taking templates of my horses regularly to keep records to notice any changes in them. Really useful. Has changed my outlook on tack!Matthew Chapman5 Star Course!
”I am training to be a vet physio and bought the course to get an understanding from the saddle fitters perspective as I thought this would help with some rehab cases.Milly BanksGreat course for trainees!
Very pleased with the course as it complements my training really well and will help me be a better Vet Physio when qualified.
”I enrolled on this course as I am thinking of pursing a career as a saddle fitter. I wanted to learn a bit more about saddle fit to notice any issues with my own saddle. But this course has spurred me on even more to follow my dream and become a saddle fitter. I have also enrolled in the Saddle Fitter Pathway course and can highly recommend!Sarah HardyChanged my life!
What is the cost?
What is the cost of not doing the course?
- Your horse in pain from a poor fitting saddle.
- You as a rider in pain; hips, knees, ankles, back.
- A lack of knowledge about the horses anatomy and how the horse moves.
- A horse which misbehaves whilst ridden; bucking, rearing, refusing to go forwards.
- A horse which trips, stumbles, refuses at fences.
- The lack of knowledge to question your saddle fitter.
Your 5 Tack Room Pin Ups
Your 3 Anatomy Posters
Who is your course leader?
The Recognising Saddle Fit Issues course is led by Jade Holly Smith, founder and Director of The Saddle Bank.
The Saddle Bank is the worlds most trusted online saddle shop with thousands of happy customers all over the world. The Saddle Bank specialise in quality used and new saddles, offering 5 day UK Trials so riders can ensure a great fit.
Jade is a qualified Master Saddle Fitting Consultant. However, it wasn’t always that way.
Jade entered the saddle industry after having numerous saddle fitting issues herself with her own horse as you will find out in the course.
With a wealth of knowledge and experience of saddles, fitting and the problems that come along with it, Jade delivers the course in a simple, effective and easy to understand way.
Jade has a passion for helping horse owners and riders understand the implications of saddle fit on the horse and help educate the everyday horse owner to become a more responsible owner.