MSFC Saddle Fitters
The Saddle Bank is proud to have two team members who have studied hard to complete the international MSFC Saddle Fitter Qualification. Upon completion students are Master Saddle Fitting Consultants.
What is the MSFC Course?
This in depth, international saddle fitting course covers more than just the fit of a saddle. The course covers;
- Horse anatomy in detail
- Conformation, and how this relates to the riders chosen discipline
- Back, and lameness checks
- Correct templating and measurement methods
- Rider influences
- Physiology, include cell development
- Human and Equine Bio mechanics
- Training, and the effects of training on muscular development
- Nutrition and management influences on welfare
- Tree and saddle construction
- Materials and fault finding
- Assessment of various saddle types including English, Western, Baroque, Treeless, and flexible trees
- Saddle fit assessment and balancing
- Freedom of movement
- Horse comfort
- Use of therapeutic pads
- Remedial Saddle fitting
- Bit and bridle assessment and fitting
The MSFC Saddle Fitter course is studied over 750 hours of learning, including a full 7 day intensive residential in France combining a mix of theory and practical lessons.
This extensive knowledge allows us to provide clients an unbiased opinion on saddle fit. We serve our clients with quality used saddles through out 5 Day UK trial policy and offer shipping worldwide.
Saddle Fitting at The Saddle Bank
Some saddle fitters will only sell you a brand new saddle, which is not realistic for everyone. Here at The Saddle Bank we understand that.
If you would like to book a saddle fitting appointment please Book Here. With a great selection of new/used saddles available and offering to check the fit of existing saddles our Saddle Fitters will also happily assess the fit of a second hand saddle from The Saddle Bank with no quibbles.
The areas we currently offer Saddle Fitting appointments in include;
Peterborough; PE1, PE2, PE3, PE4, PE6, PE7, PE8, PE9, PE10, PE11
Northamptonshire; NN8, NN9, NN10, NN14, NN14, NN15, NN16, NN17, NN18, NN29
Leicestershire; LE13, LE14, LE15, LE16
More information can be found about the MSFC Society here.
Learn more about how saddles should fit….
If you are a horse owner or rider and would like to learn more about saddle fitting, and how the saddle can impact your horses performance and welfare, click on the link below:
The Saddle Bank Team x